Friday, January 26, 2007

Hesitiation

Today we had a funeral service for a twelve year old who passed away from cancer.

When i got the news that she only had about a week to left, i was surprised at the first emotion that came to mind: hesitation. (okay, that's not really an emotion).

I knew that i had to visit her. I knew that it was my duty to be there, and at least comfort her, even if she isn't conscious.

But i waited just one day to go. Because i hesitated. Because i was scared.

And because i hesitated, i was not able to see her alive.

I am ashamed of myself for showing such lack of judgment.
I made this entire situation about me, about my weakness and faults, instead of focusing on what really mattered, the girl.

it was a valuable lesson that i learned, that came at a great price.

No comments: