Sunday, April 29, 2007

I Will Find Rest In You

It's been an exhausting and draining week.
I started going to the dawn prayer service at 530am, Monday through Saturday.
This weekend (and tonight) is our Youth Seminar 2007. (We couldn't think of a better name).
The Korean church has thing called Father School and Mother School and it's basically a workshop and seminars and how to be more loving parents.
I felt that parents shouldn't do all the work, so we are doing Youth Seminar, which is basically how to be more loving sons and daughters.
Tomorrow night, or rather, tonight, is the big finale. We want all the parents to come and have them worship together with the kids, which rarely happens in the Korean church due to the language.

I don't know how I will last through tomorrow.
I'm up preparing things for tomorrow, like a video presentation of the first two days to show parents what we did. I'm also adding finishing touches on the youth sermon, the young adult sermon and the Family Worship sermon. All three different sermons.

And to top it all off, on Monday, I get to go to church at 530am.
A part of me says, I should take Monday off, because Monday is essentially my only day off.
But I made a promise to God and to myself that I will faithfully and diligently attend the early morning service for 40 days.

Besides, I don't want to get into the habit of thinking that my Sabbath should be a sabbath from everything, even God. I tend to do that a lot, and I know that many pastors do too.
Just because I take a day off from church, doesn't mean I take a day off from God. In fact, because I am not concentrating on anything church-related, I should take the free time and be with God.

Yes, I am tired and exhausted.
But I will find rest in the Lord.

No comments: