Friday, April 13, 2007

Rev. Sharpton and Jackson

Please, please, please for the love of God, go away!
Some times, I wish they were not referred to as "reverends."
Is it just me, or whenever they are "outraged" by certain "injustice" they come to the forefront just for camera time?

Take the latest incident where the "Reverends" are out in the media. They feel that Don Imus went too far for saying the word "ho."
Why are they attacking only Don Imus? Or say, only Michael Richards for the use of the "N" word?
If they find it offensive in one area, then it should be offensive all around.
You can't be offended just because a white person says "ho" to black women. You should be offended when anyone refers to anyone as a "ho."

It seems like when they know the media will run with a story, BOOM, there's Sharpton and Jackson.

Do they even really speak for "Black" America? A lot of black people I know can't stand them.

Here's my biggest problem with them:
Instead of going to where the media is, why not bring the media to them?
What I mean is, instead of charging towards such a minor incident, why not go down to the south and raise awareness for illiteracy? Why not go to the ghettos of America and fight for their rights?

Maybe they do do that. I don't know.

But every time I see either of them on TV, it always seems like they have a hidden agenda which to me is: Everyone look at me!

No comments: