Friday, May 11, 2007

I'm Never Gonna Get Certified

When I moved to Hawaii, our goal was to get me certified by this Annual Conference, since I've waited so long.
It was funny to see how many people were upset with me for putting of the process for so long.

So I took the psychological assessment, but the results never came in, which started to get me worried.
However, this week, I got a letter from the Samaritan Counseling Center in Upland, CA (yes, California) informing me that they received my assessment and they are ready to interview me.

what...?

So I called my mentor and found out that the person that does the interviews and assessments in Hawaii quit and his replacement is coming in July.
He said he'll try whatever he can for me not to fly up to Cali, because it is very inconvenient for me.
I got an email saying that I'll probably have to fly up there. So I called the counseling center back and tentatively scheduled an appointment. Turns out, there is a chance I can't do the Tier 1 and Tier 2 assessments in one day, so I'll have to stay in California at least 3 days. Which just sucks.

Not only that, I just checked flights. The airfare was at least 5oo dollars. And it'll only go up. Not to mention the hotel stay and a rental car.

My mentor said he'll see if the Board will be able to pay for my expenses because "this isn't your fault."
But a part of me feels really bad that the board would have to shell out more than 500 dollars for me.

This Candidacy thing... it's just too much.
I'm not crazy. I promise... well, define crazy first... but I'm not crazy enough to be locked up. I promise.


So here's me, waiting to see if I can go ahead and purchase my tickets OR, if i need to wait until next year. Either way, it feels like a lose-lose situation.

No comments: