Tuesday, February 6, 2007

At The Church Office

My office is in like the basement part of the church. When i'm in my office, i'm basically segregated from the world. Everyone's upstairs, but i'm downstairs all by my lonesome self. Not only that, i don't have internet. Our church still uses AOL (!!!). I haven't had dial up since i was in high school. And i realized how much i depend on Internet to get some work done. Basically, i don't like spending time in the office, and i try to avoid it as much as possible. Instead, i set up my office at the Starbucks across the street. Still no internet (i'm not paying for the T-mobile hotspot) but at least i get to people watch, which always provides as a good distraction from the work. heh.

Anyway, today i was the office, i parked my car right in front so i could kinda see my car from the window when i stand. I was in there for the most part of the time i was at church.

When i decided to leave, i saw that the driver's door wasn't closed all the way. i thought it was rather odd because i knew i shut all the door. So i walked closer and saw that someone went through my car.
The radio face was taken out and it was on top of the seat. There were envelopes and receipts scattered around the car. The glove compartment had been opened. But nothing was missing and thank God. I just got the car radio for Christmas from my wife. My iPod was in the glove compartment (the car radio is for my iPod.)

I concluded that it was a homeless person who just looked for some quick cash, because i couldn't possibly understand why everything was still there.

I also tried to figure out when this happened. I was at the office pretty much all day, except for a couple of minutes where i had to run upstairs to the main office to pick up mail. Maybe it was when i was trying to pick praise songs for Sunday worship and i was playing the guitar.
I don't know, but i'm going to be more careful now.

That concludes my post for the day.

Good night, everyone.

No comments: