Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Finances

I worry too much about finances.
I wish i didn't. It just adds unnecessary stress.
But the truth is, it's hard to make a living with the salary i am given. Maybe if i lived by myself.
But at the same time, my parents have done this for years, and with my mother never earning a second source of income.
How?
Through prayer. My dad is a prayer and fasting warrior. And it's so amazing how prayers are answered for my family and father.
My dad resigned from a church when we used to live in Santa Barbara through unnecessary church politics that would not allow my dad to do God's ministry.

My dad was later given a church to start from scratch. Basically, my dad had no income for his family. What did my dad do? Turn to prayer and fasting.
What happened?
He got a call from a family in Orange County who once heard my dad speak at a revival. Called and said that he felt moved to provide some financial help for my dad and his family. That family in OC gave my father 2000 a month for about 2 years.

I don't know how my dad felt during those times. I don't know if he felt as anxious as i do quite often. I can learn from him, though.
Turning to prayer can help... i don't expect God to send money my way, but i do expect the 'peace of God that transcends all human understanding will guard [my] heart in Christ Jesus.'

I just put too much worry and anxiety into this.
And every time, i have certain passages that come to heart.
Such as, do not worry, for even the sparrows are taken care of, and how much more precious am i than the birds (paraphrasing).

I just need to worry less and trust more.

No comments: