Thursday, February 15, 2007

It's Late

And that's never good for me, because that's when the mind just starts to wander.
Tomorrow, the Wife has an interview with the Department of Education. She's trying to get a job as a teacher. I hope that is what God has in store for us.

Also, tomorrow my dad is going to the hospital to check his prostate gland. Something about his blood count or whatever being higher than it should, and when that happens, cancer is likely.
It's just a little... i don't know... i can't find the word.

I am hoping for the best scenario, but i can't keep from my head the worst scenario.
And i'm sure that's in part because it's so late.

I don't know when it happens, but it's an age of recognition when you realize that your dad isn't the superman you once thought he was.
Given my Superman obsession, maybe my kids'll think i'm Superman for a while.
Though he may not be able to bend steel with his bare hands, be faster than a speeding bullet, or jump tall buildings in a single bound (Superman, originally, couldn't fly. He just jumped really high and really far. that's why it's jump tall buildings in a single bound) but my dad is still the Superman i thought he was when i was little.

Everything is going to be fine.
And to add a cherry on top, perhaps the Wife will be employed.

1 comment:

Andrew Conard said...

Joseph - My thoughts and prayers are for healing and employment. Hope things are going well.
Andrew